Family Bible Study:PASSAGE: Matthew 21:28-32 ‘“What do you think about this? A man had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’ “ ‘I will not,’ the son answered. But later he changed his mind and went. “Then the father went to the other son. He said the same thing. The son answered, ‘I will, sir.’ But he did not go. “Which of the two sons did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “What I’m about to tell you is true. Tax collectors and prostitutes will enter the kingdom of God ahead of you. John came to show you the right way to live. And you did not believe him. But the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. You saw this. But even then you did not turn away from your sins and believe him. ‘ Matthew 21:28-32 https://my.bible.com/bible/110/MAT.21.28-32
- Who wants to read today passage? (if your child isn’t old enough to read, just read it to them)
- Why do people sometimes say they will do something and then not do it? Have you ever done that?
- Have you ever done the opposite? Have you ever said you wouldn’t do something and then you ended up doing it?
- SAY: Do you remember that yesterday we talked about putting your pride aside and how the religious people of Jesus’ day wouldn’t do that? Jesus is telling this parable to show how the pride of the religious people was keeping them from God’s Kingdom.
- Do you think God cares more about what we say we believe or if we do what we say we believe? Explain?
- What are some ways that you show God that you love Him? Let’s come up with a list of things we do as a family…
- Do you want to join me in trying to be the kind of person who does the things God wants us to be, not just the kind of person who says it? Awesome!
- Spend time praying and asking God to forgive you guys when your words haven’t reflected your actions and ask God to help you to keep following Him!